Integral Products, Inc. is a leading supplier and trusted distributor of quality epoxy film adhesives, such as Solvay’s FM® and 3M AF series. These are used in numerous applications by industries looking for a trustworthy solution while meeting demanding requirements to ensure they perform as expected.
Film adhesives are specially formulated to meet each customer’s specific needs, allowing them to achieve their desired performance specifications. Partnering with Solvay and 3M enables us to deliver only the latest innovations you can use in your projects.
Years of experience in different industries allow us to provide technical support and guidance to our clients. If you have difficulty choosing the right adhesive film products, we’re here to help. With different grades and formulations, you’ll surely find one that meets your requirements.
What is a Film Adhesive?
These are solid sheets of thermoplastic or partially cured high-performance adhesives used in applications where toughness, temperature, and curing requirements are essential. These must perform and withstand demanding environments, especially in aerospace, defense, and medical applications.
Film adhesives are incredibly versatile – these can be used in almost any application you can think of. It can efficiently and effectively bond composite and metallic components, so it’s highly useful for industries looking for a solution they can use on different materials.
Benefits of FM® & AF(R) Film Adhesives
Film adhesives have many benefits besides being used in elevated temperatures and environments. These benefits make them the top choice for a strong and reliable bond – composite to composite, metal to metal, or composite to metal applications.
These benefits are as follows:
- Great handling properties: These products have exceptional tack and drape.
- Various weight and thickness: They’re available in different thicknesses and weight and comes as supported or unsupported film
- High resistance: Offers resistance to pre-bond or post-bond humidity.
- Optimal performance: Superior performance is expected in different ranges, such as higher temperature shear, Tg, and high toughness.
Film Adhesives We Offer
The epoxy adhesive film products we offer from Solvay’s FM® line are specially engineered to meet harsh weather and temperature requirements while being durable and reliable.
Our range of film adhesives includes the following:
- FM® 300 Adhesive Film: This modified epoxy film comprises three different moisture-resistant polyester carriers, ideal for metal-to-metal or sandwich composite structures. For best results, use pre-cured BR® 127 primer in aluminum materials for successful environmental resistance.
- FM® 73 Adhesives Film: This epoxy film is primarily used in aerospace applications where outstanding durability in bonded components is required. It’s used in metal and composite structures while providing excellent structural performance in -67ºF to 180ºF temperatures.
- FM® 94 Adhesives Film: This modified epoxy film adhesive is developed to bond metal and composite materials. It has a service temperature of 220°F and a unique combination of high temperature and water resistance with excellent toughness. Additionally, it offers electrical insulation between metal and graphite composites, which reduces the possibility of galvanic corrosion.
3M is on the Leading Edge of Innovation
Adhesive bonding enables a more lightweight structure because it allows you to use more lightweight composite, as opposed to the metallic materials that were used in previous designs. Structural adhesive films are employed anywhere you are trying to bond metal to composite. This offers good erosion performance while minimizing weight.
Our range of film adhesives includes the following:
- 3M AF 163-2 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Film AF 163-2 provides excellent performance with easy-to-use shop handling properties. These adhesive films are available in a variety of weights and carriers to meet a range of needs without imposing excess material costs. With high fracture toughness and peel strength, AF 163-2 provides a reliable, long-term bond suitable for composites, metals in solid panel and honeycomb sandwich fabrication
- 3M AF 126 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Film AF 126 provides excellent performance with easy-to-use shop handling properties. These adhesive films are available in a variety of weights to meet a range of needs without imposing excess material costs. All versions of AF 126 come with a non-woven matte scrim. With moderate peel strength, AF 126 provides a reliable, long-term bond suitable for composites, metals in solid panel and honeycomb sandwich fabrication.
- 3M AF 555 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Film AF 555 encompasses a family of thermosetting modified epoxy adhesives in film form that provides long-term durability and meets specific challenges for metal and composite solid panel and honeycomb sandwich construction, where high fracture toughness is required.
- 3M AF 191AF 191 provides a reliable, long-term bond suitable for composites, metals in solid panel and honeycomb sandwich fabrication. We also offer an unsupported version, which can be used for reticulation. In addition, AF 191 exhibits excellent pre-bond humidity performance on composite substrates.
- 3M AF 3024 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Core Splice Film AF 3024 is a low density, thermally expanding core splice adhesive film designed for filling mismatched areas or reinforcing and splicing honeycomb core. With its 250% expansion rate this core splice film can effectively join significantly mismatched honeycomb structures.
The above-mentioned products undergo extensive lab testing and quality control to ensure they exceed various application requirements and industry standards. We have years of experience in different industries and provide technical support for clients who need guidance on choosing the right self-adhesive film products for their projects or operations.
Only Choose the Best Film Adhesives from Integral Products, Inc.
We’re leading suppliers of different types of film adhesive to support our client’s endeavors. Our commitment to providing only the best products to our clients is unwavering.
For solid products made with superior manufacturing processes, don’t hesitate to contact us today, and we will be more than happy to assist you. With us, you’ll find a solution that will fulfill all your project’s needs and more.